Well, i’ve just woken up and the last 12 hours are before me! It’s time to be outright frank: I’m going for the judges vote, now. While I haven’t given up completely on Group Nine, I sincerely hope for the best from Group 7 and Group 3 (and group 8 ) edit: well, all the groups, really!, who must be feeling pretty nervous right now! You guys are amazing – do your best! I’ve decided to be busy studying today – since i’ve forgone my little study break – theres some major catching up to do!
I’ve done the very best I know how – the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so.
Instead of making a video (which everyone else had done); i’ve opted instead to simply remind my readers of my past efforts related to this competition. Reading back, I find myself surprised once again; and laughing at some the things I did – and the amazing people I’ve met along the way.
From the judges, the cameramen, Henry, and of course to the other 46 students, to the people i’ve simply met on the street while campaigning, everybody has given me their absolute best. Thank you so much myOE for this amazing experience – starting way even before meeting you! (And continuing waaaay after Feejee ahaha) Heres hoping the (almost!) thousand hits ive gotten for this blog in the last two weeks and the people on the streets of Wellington will join myOE in the future!
Please take some time looking back with me, and here’s hoping my myOE experience doesn’t have to end here!
– love, ‘the post-it guy’
Ps: Love the work that Jenna has been doing also.. putting it out there! Her efforts really kept making me try harder and do all the things that i’ve done. Like honestly. Giving out 99 balloons? Magic. Hope to see you on that plane, Jenna!
Check her out here: http://jennaeloise.tumblr.com/
So then i’ll keep it brief:
– The very beginning: Wanna watch my post it video again?
– A little time lapse on the side – More than three hours for a whole 10 seconds
– The Feejee Experience – when we’d first came back!
– My 15 seconds – And they said asian people were reserved…
– First to hit the streets! – In fluoro orange of course
– Making sexy flyers for advertising
– My campaign (exhibit?) at te papa – I should have done it again!
– Video showcasing the various signs from people plus Group Video
– The Supermarket Campaign! – This was actually really fun (though i’m not sure Woolworths enjoyed it ssshhh)
– Printing more flyers
– Summary of The Feejee Experience (Special for Henry!)
– One of the best campaign ideas I had, I reckon! And the best fun too! Chalking up Cuba Street! (plus random tv crew)
– Thanks Saskia! xoxo
– We can go the distance.. this is where group 9 is meant to be!
– Running around campus, internet cafes, and a radio interview
Plus: Actual podcast
– Another great idea with great fun and satisfaction: Friday Beers with myOE
– Mailbox Mania
– Never give up, never surrender
– More Mailbox Mania
– Support from Starbucks Lambton Quay
I’m a future graduate and I want these experiences with myOE too!